January 14, 2011
Have you ever had headaches that were recurring but you didn't want to resort to any of the "normal" things to take? Like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Advil, etc. Well that has been the case for me the last few nights. For some reason I've been getting headaches in the afternoon and kind of staying off and on for the rest of the night. So I've been resorting to Chinese medicine :) My grandparents found this and my mom uses it and swears by it. It is wonderful for so many different things. It is called White Flower Oil and for headaches, all I do is rub it on my forehead and then go to sleep. You can also rub some on the back of your neck. It is good for any muscle pain that you can as well. You just rub it in and massage it in even more. It really penetrates it. It is a little pricey to buy, but my grandparents were able to actually make it for a lot less. And it smells really good too, which is a bonus. :)

What do you use for headaches or muscle pain?
xoxo

6 comments:

CASSIE said...

Sorry to hear you're suffering from headaches and pains :( It's never fun... I hardly get them-- and when I do, I am quick to "pop" a tylenol. Luckily they go away fast.
However, Jon is like you... and when he gets them, they're no fun!
I usually 'remedy' it for him by:
-having him drink peppermint tea
-taking a vitamin B pill
-taking a nap with a hot bean bag
Usually this does the trick! But if he is on the road, he usually takes a tylenol too, and suffers through it.
Good luck! I've never heard of the White Flower. I should look into that. Can you buy it somewhere like Shoppers!?
If your Grandparents don't mind sharing, can you post their "recipe" for their version!? Thanks :)

M said...

I would also love to know where to get this, I hate feeling dependant on drugs to cure what ails me.

Marni & James said...

I will talk to them and my mom and see if I can get the recipe for it and I'll post it :)

David Dudley said...

I rub the oil on my eyes when they are sore :) ( not really, do not try this.. it will hurt a lot.)

Kendra said...

I used to use that stuff when I was younger. I had forgotton about it. A little under your nose will drain a stuffed up nose to.
It may be pricey, but I remember it lasting for a long time ... so maybe it's worth it?

Lynn said...

Oh yeah. This is great stuff. And there are a lot of recipes on line to make it yourself. I'd be curious to see what your grandparents recipe is too.

However, Kendra is right. It is a tiny little bottle for about $9.00 at the local health store on 17th ave. that I buy it........but it does last a Loooooong time. Probably a life time. You only need a little drop (as you probably already know) but it feels cool to the skin and so refreshing.

And I agree with David. LOL! Do not get it in the eyes. Ouch.