I've been growing my hair out for what seems like forever, (I know to J it seems like that) but I have been growing it out for a very good reason. Five years ago next Sunday, one of my best friends, Jessica passed away from cancer. After she passed away I cut 12 inches off of my hair to donate for a wig. And I am doing it again! This time, I have decided to also raise money to support cancer research and awareness. I am also doing it not only for Jess, but also for my cousin Ruban who is currently in remission for cancer.
My goal is to raise $500, and even if I am nowhere near that goal, I will be happy with whatever I do raise.
I will be chopping my hair off around the end of September, beginning of October depending on how much it grows between now and then.
Here is the link to the website I have set up to keep track of how much has been raised.
http://FundraiseForLife2012.kintera.org/mscott
I will keep you all posted with how it all goes :)
xoxo
p.s. birthday post for the little man will be up soon :)
August 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment