I know I haven't done a Christmas update yet so I thought I would do that now since I have some time. Here is the rundown of what we did...
December 23rd we went over to my parents, figured out what Chinese food dishes we wanted and then my dad ordered it and went to go pick it up. We exchanged gifts and J got 5 huge jars of pickles from my family. (the big ones from Costco, 4L) My husband loves pickles... and I mean LOVES pickles. He could eat an entire jar in one day. His goal is to eat the 5 4L jars in two months... He's nuts.
I got some cake decorating stuff and some cupcake books from my sister and I'm excited to bake more and put them to good use. Definitely a benefit to having your sister work at Chapters :)
We had a great time hanging out with them and of course eating delicious Chinese food.
After we got home, we exchanged gifts with each other so we didn't have to take more gift to Ontario with us. J got me new pots and pans (Rachael Ray ones) and he also got me a PVR! One of the best presents ever! We have used it already and we love it. Its going to be put to good use!
On December 24th, J had to work and so I was at home getting stuff ready for our trip. I went over around 8:30 to my grandparents to type some patriarchal blessings since my mom wasn't feeling up to it and I got to visit for a bit with my grandparents. They are great people!
Once J got home, we finished getting ready and then headed to the airport. It wasn't super busy which was nice and we even got to go through the new scanner at the airport when we went through security, which had no line. We had no issues on the flight which I was very happy for since I'm not the biggest fan of flying.
We got to Toronto and then waited for Beth (J's sister) to come get us and then we headed to Belleville. Once we got there we wrapped the presents we brought and went to bed. It was late. We woke up around 9 and got out of bed. (I woke up at 6:40 am MST) For some reason on Christmas morning, my internal alarm goes off around 7am and I am wide awake. This only happens on Christmas. I just love everything about it.
We ate some breakfast and then opened stockings and lots of presents. J got an XBox 360 with the Kinect and I got some scrapbooking stuff and more cake decorating stuff too. I got an awesome cosy blanket that I used my entire time there and I got some clothes from AE (another benefit to having a sister-in-law that works there).
We did a lot of lounging and did a whole lot of nothing while we were there which was nice. We went to the temple as I mentioned a few posts ago and that was a neat experience. We got to go with J's mom and that was our first time going with her. J got to go through for his grandpa so I was glad we were able to go and do that.
For New Year's we didn't do a whole lot. We hung out with J's parents and their friends and played games and then at midnight, we did the Scottish tradition that I told them about of opening the back door to let the old year out and then opening the front door to let the new year in and then we banged on pots and pans (something they do every year)
On New Year's day it actually rained and then we went to hang out with some friends and played games and had snacks with them. J then went to watch a UFC fight with some of his buddies and I went back to his parents and watched some movies on TV.
Another thing we did while we were there was watch "Lost'. J got me hooked on this show and I can't get enough of it. I am so lost as we watch it but that makes me watch more because I want to know more of whats going on. We are almost done season four now and still have two more to go. I hope I get some answers soon.
Hope you all had a great holiday and are excited for a new year! I know I am!
xoxo
January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment