September 10, 2012

Changes

J has been in the YM presidency basically since we got married, first as a counselor and then as president. He has really enjoyed working with the boys and I know the boys have really enjoyed working with him as well.

We've known for a few months now that his calling would be changing, we just didn't know exactly when it would happen.

Sunday morning, we got a call just before 8 am from President Lonsdale wanting to meet with us before Chestermere ward met at 9. With Joey it was better for him to come to our house, so he said he would be there around 8:30. I got up, got Joey's food ready and then tidied up our living room before he showed up.

President Lonsdale called J to be advanced in the Priesthood to the office of High Priest, to be called to the High Council and to be the 2nd counselor in the Stake Young Mens presidency.

We figured that that is where he would be called and J accepted the calling. He was sustained on Sunday in all the wards and he will be ordained and set apart tomorrow night.

I am so proud of him and know that he will be a great high councilman. I know that he wouldn't have been called to this if Heavenly Father didn't think it is what he should be doing.

I think J feels too young to be called to this at his age, but when I think of that, I just think of President Monson being called to be a bishop at the age of 22.

I feel so blessed to have a husband that is worthy, willing and able to be called to this position in the Church and am looking forward to and nervous for the changes that are coming our way with this new calling.

xoxo

No comments: