This may not be a big deal to some but it kind of is to me. So those of you that have been reading my blog know that I've been trying to figure out ways to lose weight and to feel better about myself.
For the past month or so, me and my mom and sometimes my sister and J have been walking mostly every day for an hour or more. Even though it has just been walking and doing nothing else, I asked my mom to measure me tonight to see if any of my measurements have changed since we measured for my wedding dress measurements. I wasn't sure if anything was going to change since my weight hasn't really changed at all, so I figured why not.
So we began the measuring process. The bust hadn't changed at all, it was the same. Then we did the waist and I was down one inch. :) Yay! Then we did the hips... down two inches!!! Another big yay!!!
So since we started walking and eating a little healthier, I have lost three inches!!! It isn't much but it is definitely a start! I'm hoping to see more progress as we keep going :)
September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Not much?? That's AWESOME! 3 inches is a big achievement. Seriously. Good for you!
Congratulations!
That's all it takes......the little changes become HUGE differences in the end. : D
To quote President Uchtdorf in this month's issue of the Ensign regarding the effect (the smallest of changes) can have:
"There is a saying that big gates move on small hinges." So true! I love that quote....it totally stood out to me.
I wish you continued success in your goal.
That is wonderful! Good job Marni! You are a great example of working hard at something you really want to accomplish. Congrats! You'll get to where you want to be if you keep it up.
3 Inches is Awesome! You look gorgeous already, but when you feel good about yourself, people just glow!!
Post a Comment