Wedding dress shopping :) Yay!
So on Saturday, me and my mom headed down to Lethbridge to do some dress shopping. We met up with my cousin Sarah and headed to Once Upon A Bride. Sarah's husband Jeremy made it possible so that she could come alone and spend time with us, which was so great. You rock Jer!
So we went into the store and the girl asked what I was looking for and so the first thing I said was sleeves. She then brought me back to the front of the store and there was only two little sections of modest dresses. You would think that in a city like Lethbridge, you would be able to carry more than that for modest dresses. But anyways... she brought me back to the dressing room with a few gowns and helped me get into them. I tried on five dresses total at this store and the second one was the favorite, by far. It was gorgeous and everyone told me that it was very flattering on me. I was so in love with it. We then went across to The Wedding Cottage, which is an outlet bridal store. They had three dresses set aside for me, based on what the girls told her and so I looked at them, but they had way too much beading and detail and I really did not like the style of it. So we headed back to the other store and tried to see if they could give us the style number or model number for the dress. They told us they couldn't because of whatever the reason. So we decided to just leave and think on it and go to the Bulk Barn to look at the candy there for the favors for the reception. It was cheaper at Costco than at the Bulk Barn which was disappointing, like a lot of things had been that day. On top of all of the stuff, with my dress and the Bulk Barn, it hadn't stopped raining the since me and my mom left for Lethbridge.
We decided it was lunch time so we headed to East Side Marios for some lunch and some discussion time. We had such a great visit with Sarah. She's always been the big sister I never had and I love every minute I get to spend with her. She is someone that I have always looked up to and she is such a great role model for me. So during lunch we were talking about just everything and then my mom gets a text from my dad asking what happpened. My mom described the dress and told him how I looked in it and then told him the price and how much I had for it and then he said he wanted to talk to me. My dad asked how much it was and then asked me how much I had for it and said he would chip in what I didn't have. I was in such shock. I know my parents financial situation isn't the greatest with my dad being out of a job for almost a year and I know that that was a MAJOR sacrifice for him to do that. It shows me how much my parents really do love me and that they want me to be happy.
I am so grateful for the parents that I have and that I was so blessed to be born into their family. Sometimes I have felt neglected being the middle child and that my brother and sister have received things more than I have. I know its not always the case, but that is how I have felt and occasionally still feel. On the way home from Lethbridge, my mom asked me if I felt like the middle child that day and I said no :) It felt good to say. My parents are so awesome and I'm proud to say that they are my parents.
So I have my dress and you will all have to wait to see a picture of it until after the wedding, just in case J happens to look at my blog :)
August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't there a way to give a sneak a peek??? Im always so EXCITED to see the dress, second best part of a wedding in my opinion! Hooray for pretty dresses!!!!
I've seen it :) It's BEAUTIFUL!!
Post a Comment