September 17, 2009

Wonderful Experiences

Its been awhile since my last post so you may be lucky enough to get more than one post :)

These last few weeks have been super crazy but they have been really good at the same time. So let us begin with last week.

Friday was a busy, busy day. I had to get up and take care of some stuff and then we were heading down to Cardston for me and J to go through the temple and receive our endowments. I was feeling nervous and excited all at the same time because although we had gone through our temple prep class with the Mahers, I still wasn't totally sure what to expect. We had to be at the temple for 4pm since we were going to be at the 5:30pm session. We left just after 1pm from my parents and headed down to Cardston. We were making really good time and then we hit construction and paving between Fort Macleod and Cardston, so that was no fun at all. We go to the temple just after 4pm and since we were the only ones going through for our first time, we got to have one on ones with the temple president and matron. It was such a nice experience. They are such a nice couple and I enjoyed the time me and my mom got to spend with Sister Hansen. She is such a sweet lady. The whole experience at the temple was really nice. It was a little overwhelming but it was a good overwhelming. I can't wait to go back and keep going back to continue learning more.

We were so blessed to have 14 family members and friends to be there with us to share in our experience. We had my parents, my Granny & Papa, my grandma, my cousin Sarah, my cousin Jared & his wife Sara, Kendra & Kale, our Bishop and his wife and Standrew (my mom's nickname for J's roommates Steve & Andrew). We were so glad so many people were there for us.

After the session, we took some pictures outside and then we went to DQ and ate and then headed back to Calgary. We got back late and we were all so exhausted.

Then we come to Saturday. Me and Kendra met up at the mall and did some shopping and then I went home and did a few things to straighten up for my friend bridal shower that my sister was throwing me that night.

We got the living room and kitchen cleaned up and then got the food table put together and waited for people to come. Kendra and Brooklyn were the first to show up which meant I got to hold and play with Brookey. She is so adorable. I can't help but love her to death.

More people showed up and they of course brought presents :) It was a really nice shower and I was so surprised at some of the gifts people gave me. I really was blessed.

My sister put so much effort into the shower and I am very grateful for her for doing that. I am having my family bridal shower next weekend so more fun is to be had. :)

Okay I think that that is it for this post :) More to come either today or tomorrow, depending on my time.

In case you were all wondering... in 23 days I will be married for time and all eternity to my best friend and the love of my life :)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

It was a GREAT shower! It was a lot of fun. Loved the question interview your mom gave James. What a good sport he was.
Tell Kristi her efforts did NOT go unnoticed. ; )

mandy said...

For sure go back LOTS because you'll learn something new every time. The Temple is such an awesome experience. Something that has helped me think more about what the Temple means is reading the Bible...especially when it talks about the children of Israel setting up the tabernacle of the congergation. It really helped to study those chapters and understand the symbolism of them. Anyways, just a thought. We'll be up for your reception...so this is my R.S.V.P. We're super excited to come and be part of your day.