So it has been awhile since I've written anything but I didn't have much to say so I figured I wait until I had something good.
This last weekend was a pretty good weekend. On Friday we were going to go to the IRC Stampede activity that was at the Parkland chapel. J came to my house and then we headed over to my parents house to get my sister and then head out. She said she was still doing her hair but she would be quick so I said we'd just come in since my dad was leaving for the Scout Jamboree and I wouldn't see him for a week if I didn't. So we go in and see my mom and then she tells me that my dad is downstairs so I head that way and as soon as I turn the corner I hear "SURPRISE!!". My sister had thrown me a surprise birthday party. I have never had one thrown for me before. I've helped in throwing them for my brother and sister and I threw one for J for his 25th, but none for me. It was a lot of fun and just the right amount of people were there. Candi was there and then my brother and his gf Alison came too. David got me the game Catch Phrase for my birthday and we ended up playing that until after 12:30 in the morning. We made kebobs and had snacks and my sister also made cupcakes.
On Saturday, I cleaned like crazy and did some grocery shopping. Me and Whit haven't been home much and when we were, we managed to make it even messier. Saturday was also the anniversary of mine and J's first date. We had our first date on July 11, 2007. For our first date, we went to see Transformers and then we went to Peter's Drive In after for food. So for this year, since the 2nd Transformers movie had come out a few weeks ago, we decided to see it. He worked until around 7pm so once he and I were both ready, we headed down to Country Hills (we love that theatre) and got tickets and then food (they have pretzels!!). We ended seeing a ten o'clock show and the show was two and a half hours! We didn't get back to my house until around 1. We were beat.
It was a good weekend and I'm super excited for this weekend too! Since J has to write a test and work on my birthday (this Wednesday), we are having this weekend to celebrate it. We are planning on going to the football game on Friday night and then going to Banff on Saturday for the day. We are going to go to the Hot Springs, go out for lunch, do some shopping, and have fun! I haven't been to the Hot Springs in years, so I'm excited for it!
Oh and today is our month-iversary. We did have our first date in July, but we actually didn't start officially dating until August 13th. So today we have been dating for 23 months! Its so crazy that we have been together that long. I have loved every minute of it though and wouldn't trade it for anything.
I'll try and write more this week :)
July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment