So lately I have been feeling somewhat overwhelmed with my calling. I am the activities chairperson and I feel like I am doing everything by myself. There are about five or six others on my committee, but they hardly ever come to activities, and if they do, they show up late and leave early. It feels very frustrating to me and especially that I feel like the activities aren't going too well because of the poor attendance. I know its not my fault for that, but I feel like it partly is.
Last night for FHE, we were going to play basketball and volleyball. Me and Kristi got there early to set up the nets, but I couldn't find them, so I decided we would only do basketball. I set up the chairs and everything in the RS room for the opening exercises and waited for people to show up. I've been trying to do better and start on time, so that by doing so, people will get it into their heads that we start on time :) When we started, there was about ten people there, which isn't too bad for starting. We sang, had a prayer and then had the spiritual thought. When that was done, I got up to introduce the activity and all the chairs were full, people were standing in the back and there were people outside, there was around 30 people there. I don't think that I have ever seen a turnout that big at an FHE since I was called to this calling.
I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who knows me and hears my prayers and knows what I need, even when I don't know what I need and how to ask for it. I know that even if I don't feel like I have the support of my committe members, I have the support of my Heavenly Father.
July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Amen Marni!
Colby said he had a great time there with Candice last night. Keep on doing what you're doing. You do great!
Thanks for putting that together Marni. I had so much fun!!! You are really amazing :)
Thanks you guys, that means a lot!
whoa! you have to do all the FHE? that is a lot, I thought my doing quartly activities was a lot as the activities chair. But lesson learned, 'be careful what you pray for' He tends to POUR out the blessings when you least expect them :D (I'm still waiting but hope they will come soon)
Yeah the activities committee covers FHE and all ward activities. Its a lot.
Post a Comment