Question for all you mommas out there, and really just anyone who has an opinion :)
Currently, Joey is being swaddled every time he goes down for a nap or bedtime. I love swaddling him and he sleeps sooo much better when he is swaddled. I know that eventually I'm going to have to put him down without a swaddle.
So my question to you is, how would you recommend transitioning him out of being swaddled to going down without one?
Any help would be great :)
xoxo
February 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would think he would just grow out of being swaddled. I say if he is happier being swaddled, than do it. He'll probably grow out of it. Although, I just used a regular blanket, rather than a special swaddling one, so maybe that's why mine grow out of them. Thats my opinion.
My kiddos just grew out of it to. Brooke was probably 6 months, and Pres was a little bit younger. They could both get out of their swaddles (also just with a blanket) so it was pointless. With Brooke we introduced it at bedtime, and kept nap time the same for a little while and then we just went cold turkey and she had to figure it out. With Pres, we just went cold turkey right away. It was fine, and the transition wasn't very hard. He will get used to just a blanket faster then you think :)
Do what works for you & him.
For both of my kids I started with unswaddling 1 arm, then once they got used to that I did the other still keeping their legs tightly bound. Then I put them in sleep sacks and put a blanket around their legs so it was familiar to them. It worked great. They both transitioned in about 2 weeks. The sleep sac was a good alternative because they don't move as much but still stay toasty warm and happy. With my daughter I waited until she was about 9 months because I was scared she would not sleep, but she did. With my son I did it around 4 months. I know it feels like you should not mess with their good sleep, but I am sure he will be fine.
Post a Comment