Being pregnant I've gone through a lot of the "normal" stuff that women go through during pregnancy like morning sickness (I went four months straight and am now enjoying 7 straight days so far of nothing), tiredness, not sleeping, leg cramps and not sleeping. Now I get to "enjoy" waking up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Now this would not be such a horrible thing, if I didn't teach seminary and got up at 5:30 am every morning. It hasn't happened every morning, but for some reason when it does, I seem to wake up at 2:32 am. Weird.
Anyways, other than stuff like that I am enjoying my pregnancy. I have been eating foods that I don't normally do (bananas to help with the leg cramps, only in smoothies though because bananas are gross) and I have been drinking milk like crazy. I am not a milk drinker at all, but lately that has changed. I went through two 2L jugs of milk within a week, one only lasting me two days so I got J to get me a 4L jug and we'll see how that goes. Thankfully it doesn't expire until next weekend so I have plenty of time and who knows if it will even make it into next week :) I eat a lot of Sidekicks and raisins too.
Smells thankfully haven't been bothering me like they were in my first trimester but I have a crazy nose. A couple of weeks ago during Sunday School, I leaned over to Marysol (who is also pregnant) and told her that I smelt hot dogs. The Elder's Quorum had had an activity where they had hot dogs, but that was on the Thursday and it was now Sunday. On Friday after we went to the temple, we stopped at Sarah & Jeremy's to see them and they had just done an Easter egg hunt and the first thing I smelt was eggs from the eggs they had decorated. On Sunday during Relief Society, I went to the bathroom and came back and the first thing that I smelt was pineapple, which Marysol was eating, among other fruit and she was on the other side of the room. Crazy nose. She calls it my narcotic sniffing nose lol
So I hit the 6 month mark and I am currently 24 weeks and 3 days. I see my OB again next week for my next appointment with her and I'm really looking forward to it. After I see her, I then have to book some bloodwork tests, along with my gestational diabetes test :( not looking forward to that one but oh well.
Baby boy is kicking and flipping and punching lots now and I love every minute of it. I don't really enjoy it when he sits on my bladder, pushes against my stomach or sits on a nerve, but sometimes I just push back :) He isn't kicking too hard yet so J has yet to feel the kicks but I'm excited for when he does so that he can feel it and experience that part with me too. He puts his head on my stomach and can hear bubbles sometimes and he talks to the baby and it just makes me love him so much more. I can't wait to see him hold him when he's born. He is going to be totally smitten :)
xoxo
April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment