March 2, 2011

Thoughts?

This could be considered super early to be thinking about stuff like this, but that is what I do. Deal with it... lol

What are your thoughts on baby showers, and when to have them? I think we are planning on having one before the baby is born and then one after. I've read a lot of different things on this for timing if you are having it before the baby is born because you want to be able to enjoy it and you don't want to be so close to full term in case baby comes early.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject, even if you aren't a mommy yet. Your opinions are also welcome :)

xoxo

7 comments:

erin louise said...

I am doing mine about a month before my due date and then last time someone threw me one about a week after Isaiah was born. It's all up to you and your preference.

erin louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

I had mine before Tanner was born. We knew the gender before so that helped. Also...one of my showers was a frozen meal shower. So instead of gifts everyone brought a freezer meal so that after Tanner was born, we wouldn't have to worry about what to cook for the first little while. It was the best shower and we played some super fun games.
If you don't know the gender beforehand, I would suggest having it after the baby is born so you don't get gender neutral stuff. Also, I registered at Babies R Us so it was easier for people to know what to buy and what we needed. Every woman is different in how they feel after a baby is born. You may think now that you want it after but you may be really tired for the first month or so and not want to take your baby out. Or you could be the opposite...it's hard to tell.
I was just like you are when I was pregnant...lol

Amanda said...

I know people like to see the baby, so it's nice to have it after. However, I had mine before. It's hard to know what condition you will be in after the baby comes, and what condition the baby will be in. Also, a lot of people can spread a lot of germs . I was happy to have mine before so I had what I needed (or know what I needed to get) before the baby got here. I think either way if fine. Just some things to think about. Having one before and one after is a good idea! And I LOVE the idea of having a frozen meal shower...it is nice to just sit, relax, put your feet up, and hold your baby all day every day. When this next baby comes, I am not going to leave the house for a month! really! Just relax, hold my baby(ies) and enjoy. Let people serve you!

TheMarets said...

I think thats totally up to you :) Its nice to have it before because then you get stuff you need before baby comes, and you have to buy less yourself... but its fun to have it after so everyone can meet the new baby as well.... I think it is totally preference. Both of mine were after the boys were born.

Kendra said...

I've heard it go both ways to. I had mine afterwards, and it was nice to let people see the baby. A lot of people want to come and see the baby afterwards and it was nice to just show up and all those people could see her all at once!
I know that my mom is throwing me a shower in Cran this time around to, and it will be after baby girl is born.

GoMo said...

as a currently childless person with tons of prego friends, I'm on board with Kendra and seeing the baby ( I mean seeing my pregnant friends is nice but seeing the baby is the icing on the cake). And that way you might be able to be more specific about what you need...
an outsider's opinion:)
p.s. I hope you have a girl!!