This coming weekend, my parents and J & I are going to Kalispell for the whole weekend for some relaxation and some baby shopping too. Prices in the States are so much cheaper for things than here and with J going to school the end of March, we want to get some of the bigger items now and not have to buy the big ticket items right when he is done school in June before the baby comes in August.
Thankfully my morning sickness has been a little less this week than it has been before. Since last Saturday it has gone down to once a day, and then on Monday and Tuesday, I ate something that the baby didn't really like so it was one extra that day and then yesterday it was back to three times in the morning and then today back to one. I'm just hoping it is over with soon.
This week I've been feeling some flutters and so I'm thinking it is the baby moving. I'm not feeling any kicking but I'm sure in the next few weeks or so I will once the baby gets bigger. We are able to tell where the baby is based on how hard my stomach is or where it sticks out more than the rest. We play "Find the Baby" in the mornings and at night and J is getting really good and finding the baby. I have to book my next ultrasound for when I'm 18 weeks, so the middle of March and I'm hoping we'll be able to find out what this baby is, as long as he/she cooperates :)
I've asked a few people this already, but I want to get the thoughts from other moms or even if you aren't a mom yet.
What is the one thing you could not live without when you had your babies? Is there anything that you felt made the whole experience so much better?
I would love to hear what you found to work for you and I know everyone's experience is different and might not work for my baby but I'm willing to try new things :)
xoxo
February 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Either a swing or a little vibrating chair for baby! Logan wanted to be held all the time and it seriously saved my life! Or sanity, either one. Lol
HA ha! I was going to say the SAME thing as Mindy. My kids lived and breathed for the swing. And thankfully we had one of those ones that has a cradle attachment as well, for when they were just new borns and loved to be rocked before they even knew how to sit up in the swing part.
And second item.......lot's and lot's of soft receiving blankets. Great for swaddling them in. Used them for spit ups, good Sunday clothes covers, floor blankets to lay or change the babies on at any given place or time. Even a public place where the floors were filthy....great to just pull out a receiving blanket (not the expensive fancy kinds.....just plain cheap ones will do.....you end up washing them a LOT..) kept in the diaper bags. We had stacks and stacks of them. Went through a ton in one single day.
SWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carpet Shampooer!!!!!!!!!
Swing, for sure. Brookey lived in her swing, and it allowed me to do something once in a while :)
I agree with Lynn to ... receiving blankets! They are multi purpose ... I had forgotten that until I read her comments! Nice big ones work well for swaddling ... I think I got some nice big ones at wal-mart for pretty cheap to.
I would say a change table and a bassinet for my first baby.
Second baby was the swing. With the first baby I never wanted to put her down and had no reason anyway so I had no use for the swing.
Congratulations by the way. I am so excited for you both!
Baby music CD's! Tanner LOVED LOVED LOVED music...classical, calming stuff. We traveled a lot in the car and the music was so great to have. It soothed him and he never fussed. Also a baby monitor. At one point we reversed the monitors so that we could talk to him through the monitor without getting out of bed. He just needed to hear our voices and he would go right back to sleep.
OH! and sunlight bar soap to get out those annoying food/poop stains.
I agree with everything here, and just wanted to mention a few things that weren't already suggested- now having first hand experience ;) A motorized breast pump if you can afford it. The reason is because if you're pro breast feeding; but have troubles with your baby latching or drinking in the beginning, its still nice to give them your milk first along with formula supplementing if needed until things improve. It also helps your body ease into the supply and demand transition too. Another thing I swear by is the Johnson & Johnson bath time/bed time routine products. They have such gentle cleansing effects and they're infused with lavender aromatherapy that literally calm your baby to sleep. Perfect for Moms too! Another thing Jon and I really love is having a good nipple confusion soothers for baby, that is made for teeth and gum development. When you need to keep your baby pacified for a while, its nice relying on something safe and practical to give you a break from fussy crying ;) There are so many other things out there... But just remember that every baby is different and you don't want to break the bank either. Only invest in things that you have the room for in your house for storage later, and/or that you can see yourself using with more kids- Or perhaps even just wearing it out as your baby will use it tons. Have fun and good luck :D
Post a Comment