Three weeks ago, we got to church and Brian Badick asked if he could meet with me and J sometime during our three hour block or right after church. Because I teach Primary, I told him that it would have to wait until after church. We went into Sacrament meeting and I remembered that he was on the High Council, but I couldn't for the life of me remember what he is over. When someone in the Stake wants to meet with you... be scared... I ended up having no kids that so we ended meeting with him right after Sacrament.
He told me that my name had come up for the calling of Seminary teacher and they wanted to see what my thoughts were on it and if there would be any conflicts to me having this calling. I was shocked. Me teach Seminary?! He said that the following week they were hoping to extend the different callings so I would find out the following week if I was officially being called to it.
The following Sunday, he did some Stake business in our ward and then I saw him get up and it looked like he was leaving and I thought I was out of the clear, and then I hear this voice behind me asking to meet with him... He officially extended the call of Seminary teacher to me and I accepted.
Today it became offical and I was sustained in the different wards in the Stake. I don't think it has really sunk it yet and it probably won't until I get up in front of those kids in September. I will have the kids in our ward and the kids in the Chestermere ward that live in Calgary.
I'm nervous, excited and lots of other emotions. I am really excited for the topic that I will be teaching. This year it is the Doctrine & Covenants and Church History, my favorite!
Our lives are changing a lot lately and now our sleeping habits will have to change. Because it is early morning, with class starting at 6:30, I will have to get ready for work before and then head to work straight after class is done. So no callling the Scott home after 9pm people!
So if you have kids in Seminary, make sure they get lots of sleep so they will be good for me!
xoxo
August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Marni, that's awesome! Congrats! You'll do great.
HEe HEE. It's funny how full circle this has come. Brother Crapo was Mandy's seminary teacher, and now YOU are the seminary teacher to the Crapo kids. ; D
wow that is such an honour!!!! The fact that they felt that you would be such a tool to help the next generation become strong against the things in this world... so amazing! You will do awesome! Congrats!!!!
Congratulations, Marni! Doctrine and Covenants and Church History was and is my favorite too!
I know you'll have a great time with it. Let me know if my brothers misbehave :)
Nicely done Marni! :)
Just remember what it was like to be in the "chairs"-- and you'll do awesome in the "teaching!" :)
Congrats and good luck...
Thanks ladies!
Post a Comment