February 14, 2010

An Interesting Experience

So since this weekend was our first Valentine's Day as a married couple, our two and a half year anniversary and also two years ago today that J sliced his arm, we wanted to go away or do something nice. And we wanted to go somewhere where we could also go to the temple, since we've made it a goal to go every month. We decided to drive up to Edmonton and go to the temple there. Since we now had our temple clothes, we could do that.

We drove up to Edmonton on Friday night after work and got there in time to watch the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics. It was great watching it. I love the Olympics!

We got up Saturday morning and got all ready and drove to the temple. It was only about a 20 minute drive from the hotel so it wasn't too bad. When I had called the temple to book an appointment for us to go, I wasn't really paying attention to the schedule that was on the website. If I had, I would've noticed something...

We went to the 9:00am session, which on some Saturdays of the month is actually the Spanish session. We were a little bit surprised for that, but thankfully, they have subtitles and if you would like headphones, they will provide them for you too.

It is definitely an interesting experience going to a session in another language. I would recommend you go. The Spirit you feel there is no different than if it is in English :)

After we went to the temple, we went to West Edmonton Mall and met up with my brother. We did some shopping, ate in the food court and then went and played Glow in the Dark Mini Golf. It was a lot of fun.

We then drove to David's house so he could get his stuff together and then we drove back to Calgary. It was a great few days away, and much needed :)

Hope you all have a great Valentine's Day! :)

No comments: