June 17, 2009

A Needed Spiritual Boost...

Last night I went to institute and really enjoyed the lesson. I've been taking Brother Mandin's "The Best of Conference" class and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I always love listening to the talks at General Conference, but having the class has added to the great things that are spoken then.

Last night, the talk we discussed was "The Way of the Disciple" by President Uchtdorf and after leaving class last night, I realized that I really needed to hear that talk and hear the comments that were said last night. There are a lot of times that I don't feel that, but this semester as been like that almost every class. The comments that the people in our class come up with really give me that spiritual boost that I sometimes don't realize I need until they say it.

One comment in particular is something that I am actually going to cross-stitch and display it in my future home, which is probably when I will eventually finish it. haha

Here is the quote:
"Trials and hardships are mandatory... Misery is optional"

I think that this is something that I can practice in my own life and really improve my own attitude about things.

I absolutely love going to institute and will go as often as I can and will go until I can't go anymore. My testimony of the gospel has grown so much because of my going to insitute. I have been going for five years now and I know my life would be so different if I didn't.

That is my litte plug for institute :)
See, I can do little posts :)

2 comments:

Candi said...

Wow! I love that quote. I'm really bummed I missed class last night.

Mandy said...

I loved institute too. I'm too old to go now though...sad : (