June 12, 2009

Changing things up :)

So I know I've been talking a lot about gettting into shape and trying to lose weight, so I'm finally doing something about it! Yay!

I've been eating healthier, doing less snacking and I've also been eating breakfast every morning, which is a big deal. I've never really been a breakfast eater because I used to feel so sick after eating in the mornings. I've been taking my lunch to work every day and not buying food from the cafeteria, and that has not only saved me money, but it has been healthy food.

Last night, me and Whit went for a walk. We walked from our house to Prairie Winds, then walked around the park and then walked back home. It ended up being about an hour walk and I think we are going to do that every night. I hope that by walking every night, it will help me lose some inches and I won't have to wear shorts when I wear skirts :) (my legs tend to rub together lately when I walk so I have to wear shorts every time I wear skirts)

If I was a runner like my sister, I would run every day, but since I get shin splints every time I run, I figure walking is the next best thing and it is cheaper! I would love to join a gym and use the eliptical trainer every day, but alas a gym membership is more than I can afford these days. I'm sure I could work it into my budget, but right now, it ain't gonna happen. Someday maybe...

If any of you have any other thoughts on the best way to lose some inches and even some poundage, I would be happy to here them :)

On another note, I bought a journal when me and J went to Cardston at the bookstore and since June 1st, I have not missed one day of writing in it. I know its only been 11 days, but it has been a long time since I have been that consistent with my journal writing. I'm really trying hard to do better with somethings, and that is high on my list.

I know I didn't write about that trip, so I'll write a little blurb now about it. We drove down to Cardston on the Friday night and got to Sarah's house and hung out with her and Jeremy for a bit and then my brother came over and hung out with us. He has been working down at the campground in Cardston to help out my aunt and uncle who took over the contract for the next five years. It was good to see him and hear his stories about his trips to Waterton that he has been taking while down there.

On Saturday morning, I woke up and played with the kids for a bit and got them breakfast so Sarah and Jeremy wouldn't have to worry about it. Jeremy then got started on cleaning Buford (he did a great job by the way), and I would recommend Jeremy to clean anyone's carpets or cars :) He owns a carpet cleaning business in Cardston called Alpine Cleaning. After awhile of playing with the kids, J walked over from my aunt and uncle's house and helped me with the kids. They love J and use him as a climbing gym a lot. Its so cute.

We then walked from Sarah and Jeremy's house to the bookstore on Main Street. It was a nice walk on a really gorgeous day. After I spent some money at the bookstore (I really have never not spent any money there, I love it), we walked to Subway, got some lunch, then walked to DQ and got an ice cream cone and then walked back to the house. It was a nice walk and my legs were so tired after that.

When we got back to the house, Jeremy and Sarah headed out for their birthday date for Jeremy. Jeremy, Sarah, Tracy, Trent, Kim & Dan went gopher hunting, and then met up with my aunt and uncle and Jenny & Landon in Waterton for dinner. While they were out, me and J set out to entertain the kids. We watched Kung Fu Panda and colored. I bought the kids these color wonder coloring pages from Michaels. They are super cool, and I am so tempted to buy one for myself...

Then we made dinner and watched the rest of Kung Fu Panda. I bathed the boys, which was an interesting experience, and then got the kids all ready for bed. My parents came over and the kids got to see them for a bit before they headed back to Calgary. The boys went down pretty easily for bed, the girls were another story. Pretty much the entire weekend, if they were asked to do something, they would start the sentence by saying, "I'd rather die than...". After awhile, I got really tired of it.

Once the kids were all in bed, me and J started to watch The Count of Monte Cristo, which J had never seen. (I know, I was in shock too) Everyone came back from Waterton, and Jared, Sara and Theran came over as well with one of Sara's friends from college. We all played Catch Phrase until midnight and had a lot of laughs.

Sunday we went to church and then had lunch and then we headed back to Calgary. I drove to Fort Macleod and then J drove the rest of the way home. I had a sleep and came to the conclusion that Buford is not the comfiest vehicle for sleeping in.

We had a great weekend and I'm excited to go back to Cardston next week for our ward temple trip. I'll post a few of the videos from last weekend when I get a chance. Those kids are a hoot!

Sorry for another long post. I'll get better at this I promise :)

4 comments:

Kristi Beth said...

That's really great that you've been able to make some changes. It gets easier! That sounds like a really good walk! Up the monstrous hill would probably be a good one too. And, I understand what you mean about the journal writing. Being that consistent is definitely something to be proud of!

Candi said...

Just for the record, I LOVE the long posts! and good for you. That's a pretty impressive walk. I think I'm going to take up jump roping to tone my legs (because I'm not a runner either.) I've started doing yoga too, and it does wonders for the body, mind and spirit!

Kendra said...

Okay...I now have a lot of experience in the weight lose department. Take note that eating whatever you want while you are pregnant IS NOT a good things...and you pay for it..and I have payed for all 55 lbs...haha.
Anyways, my tip is portion control. I hate it with a passion, but I've learned that it's the only way to weight loss because eating healthy is great but if your still intaking a lot of healthy food you will still gain weight. It sucks...I know...
Walking is fantastic! I've been doing a lot of it lately to and I find that it helps tremendously. I don't run either Marns. I would go get an exercise DVD. I have a couple and I love them! They can be hard as heck at first but the more consistantly you do them the more you will see your own progress and see it getting easier. They fairly inexpensive.

Anyyyyways...that is all of my wisdom for today..haha just kidding :) Be strong :) It takes a strong person to lose weight because not losing weight is soooo much easier.

Kristi Beth said...

I'm with Candi and Kendra. I love yoga. It is fantastic. And it really is all about portion control. Listen to your body when it tells you that you've had enough, and it will reward you.