I knew it had been a long time since I'd blogged but I didn't realize how long. So this is a catch up post.
My goal to raise $500 for cancer was surpassed by a lot! I was able to raise $660 and I still can't believe that I was able to go over my goal. I am so grateful for the people that donated to this great cause. I'm excited to get my hair cut but I'm also nervous at the same time. I think it is because this time it is different than when I cut my hair for cancer the last time. I'm actually raising money and I think that makes it that much more important. I will definitely post pictures of before and after once I do cut my hair.
Last month, IKEA was doing a kitchen event so we decided that that was the best time to buy our new kitchen that we had been saving for. So currently, our kitchen is a construction zone, but its also a working kitchen at the same time.
Last week I took care of Susan's kids so she could go to Vegas with her hubby and enjoy a little vacation. I went from having one boy to five boys and it was definitely an eye opener to what life would be like if I were to have more kids. It was a good experience and it gave Joey the opportunity to spend some time with other kids too. While I was Susan's, J worked on stuff in the kitchen, with a little help from my brother and Chantelle. It is weird to see no cupboards on the wall and seeing the walls so bare, but it is progress and something to look forward to once it is all complete.
Joey is growing up so fast and he is such a curious little boy. He is almost 16 months and loves to see everything and eat whatever you are eating. His skin is still having issues but with the extra moisturizing we've been doing and with the stuff we've gotten from a lady in our ward have been helping and we finally have an appointment for him to see a dermatologist at the end of January.
We are going to Ontario for Christmas this year and I can't believe we leave in almost a month. It'll be nice for Joey to spend some time with J's family since they live so far away and Skype just isn't the same sometimes.
It'll also probably be the last time we will go on a plane with Joey being free. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions about how to keep a toddler occupied and happy for a four hour flight, they are totally welcome!
I think that is it for now, I'll try to post some pictures of the kitchen and I will probably post pictures of my haircut by end of this week or beginning of next week.
xoxo
November 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment