Seminary starts in just under 3 weeks and I need your help!
What did you love about seminary? What did you hate about seminary?
What scripture mastery games did you like? Any incentives that you had for completing your scripture mastery?
What made you excited for seminary?
I need all the help I can get!
August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Seminary seems like so long ago for me. But, something I remember is every friday (or maybe once a month...can't remember) we would have cinnamon buns (home-made). It was a nice little treat.
Also, I had one teacher that really made an effort to build relationships with all of us...not just a seminary teacher...she sort of became a mentor and someone we could turn to if we needed.
And, I think at the end of the year we had a morning party at her house to celebrate...we lived in a small town.
I remember not being allowed to bring a pillow (that was a good rule)
And, I pretty much don't remember anything else. Sad, I know. :)
Good Luck!
Amanda
Seminary Auctions. We used to earn seminary bucks for scripture masteries, and other stuff and then we could redeem them at the end of the year for prizes donated by ward members, and treats like chocolate milk and donuts.
You are going to be an awesome teacher!!
treats. interactive lessons. movies. changing seating arrangements. games. contests. NOT just reading straight from the scriptures. eating. talking. making friends with other kids that have the same beliefs as you. learning stories you'd never hear in sunday school.
are you a seminary teacher? i don't remember much about any of the lessons, but i do remember the atmosphere and the times i wanted to go the most were when i knew i'd have fun, and learn while i was doing it.
good luck!
Holly, yes I am a seminary teacher. I got called about a month ago and so I'm trying to get organized and get started on stuff.
Hi Marni! I am so glad you posted this question... I don't have an answer but I do have a student for you!! Erick needs to attend seminary with you guys this year at the ESC. He's supposed to attend at the Martindale chapel but because of the travel time conflicting with school rides we need to send him to you. Hope that is ok - I will do the phone calls to everyone involved, including you to double check you got this news.
My short experience with seminary was positive because even though the students weren't awake the teacher was! He was prepared, positive and had interesting tidbits of trivia that he somehow found...and he would pick random days to bring in a treat so that it just wasn't on the one same day ... I remember treats! :}
You will be an awesome teacher - you have always had an awesome spirit! talk to you soon :) ~Karen
Post a Comment