July 17, 2010

My 24th Birthday

I know I said I would post last night but I just wasn't feeling like it so I'm posting now.

J woke me up before he left for work and wished me a happy birthday and while he was getting ready he gave me one of my presents, which was the first season of ER, one of my favorite shows. I had to work on my birthday (it sometimes sucks being a grown up), but we had our work Stampede Event so that wasn't too bad. After work I came home and I then went looking for my presents. J has a thing about hiding my presents and making it last longer and he says I have to earn them before I get them. He hid some in the BBQ, the coolers, the shed out back and the guest room behind the bookshelves.

He got me a neck pillow for traveling, the first season of Third Watch, another one of my favorite shows, a new water bottle to replace the one of mine that he broke, and the best present that he got me I was so surprised about. He got me this:


He got me this wonderful keyboard. It is a light up keyboard that will help me with my learning of the piano so that I can learn to play better. He spoils me so much, I love it :)

After I found all of my presents, we went to East Side Mario's for dinner with some friends and family. I had such a great time and was glad that everyone that came was able to, and I got more presents too :)

I got Lindor chocolate from Amber & Ryan, something that me and Amber have loved and it is something we give to each for special occasions. I love it. And it has to be the red ones, no other kind.

From my little sister, I got a Carol Higgins Clark book called Cursed. I am only missing one of hers and three of her mothers and I love their books and can really read them over and over and never get tired of them.

From my big brother, I got two mini loaf pans for me to do more baking and I can't wait to learn more things and use them lots :)

From my amazing cousin Candi, I got an American Eagle gift card and I can't wait to use it!

From Melissa & Jordan I got some Maynards candies, a Hershey's chocolate bar, a Snapple candle and some card toppers. Thanks! We missed you at dinner Jord, we'll have to have an ice cream cake soon! :)

My parents also came and gave me a book called "Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom". It is a book that my mom got from Ruth Walburger and it has helped her figure things out with her being sick since October and so my sister got one for her birthday so I knew I would be getting it for mine. I'm sure it will help me figure some stuff out as well.

My mom has done cake decorating for as long as I can remember, she hasn't done any in the last few years but she has a nice stash of stuff and has learned a lot over the years. Cake decorating is something that I have wanted to do and so my parents got me my own Rubbermaid container (that is what she keeps her stuff in) and got me a few things to get me started for cake decorating.

My visiting teacher stopped by yesterday after I was done work to bring me a present as well, she got me an Aero bar (one of my favorite chocolate bars) and some Vitamin E Body Butter from the Body Shop.

Thank you all for a great day!

2 comments:

Nadia and Jarom Phillips said...

woot woot what a spoiled lil birthday girl! That is so fun!!! Im glad that you had such a great birthday!!!! :)

Marni & James said...

Thanks Nadia! It was pretty good.