Then we come to Saturday... We woke up, got ready, went to Timmy's for breakfast, and went to the Stake Centre. We were then separated because there wasn't enough room for both of us to go in the same vehicle and we headed out to the temple site for the groundbreaking. The weather was gorgeous, we couldn't have asked for a better day. I even received a sunburn on my arms because of the weather (my one arm is more burnt because of the way I was sitting). After the groundbreaking, we got back in the vans and headed back to the Stake Centre. The ceremony took a little longer than we thought it would and we didn't end up leaving there until about 12:45. This wasn't that good since we had to be in Cardston for Bailey's baptism at 4. So we got to the Stake Centre, made a quick stop at Co-op for some snacks and drinks and medicine for J's cough and then we went to pick up my momma and sister to head down to Cardston.
Due in major part to J not following the speed limit, we arrived at the church at 4:10, after leaving around 2.
What a day. It was a great day, spent in the gorgeous weather, a lot of driving, time with family, and did I mention a lot of driving? and sitting down?
Here is a picture of me, J and B after she was baptized. It is amazing how fast time flies. I can't believe that it was 8 years ago that we drove down to see her after she was born. She sure has grown up and she looks and is so much like her mom. Not that I am surprised. :) Her mom is definitely someone that I have always looked up to and am so grateful to call my cousin and one of my closest and dearest of friends.
On Sunday, we went to the Parkland Stake Centre for the YSA Regional Conference. Even though we are not considered "YSA" anymore, I am in the Institute Choir and they were singing, so that is why we were there. They had YSA speakers from each stake and then Elder Melchin spoke and then took some questions. It was such a great meeting. Although I missed not going to our ward and teaching my kids, it was a good day and it was good to see others that we haven't seen and don't get to see as much since we aren't in the YSA ward anymore.
I'm so blessed to have such a great husband who will support me in the things that I do and come to hear me sing.
How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun and exciting?

No comments:
Post a Comment