So for the last few months J has been talking about how we should go on a trip to celebrate his being done school. (I think it is just because he loves going on trips, but anyways...)
We had looked at going to Las Vegas or San Diego or Vancouver, and we also wanted to work in going to the temple to keep with our goal of once a month. Finding flights has been ridiculous. It is so hard to find decent priced flights to places you want to go, on the days you want to go.
I got a text today from J saying that West Jet was having a seat sale and that I should take a look. I am so glad I did! Especially since the seat sale ends tonight at 11:59pm.
We are going to Vancouver for 5 days in May! I am so excited! I have never been to Vancouver and Victoria and we will get to do both while we are there! And to top it off, we are going to the Vancouver Temple! The open house in going on now and it will be open for operation on May 3rd. This is so exciting!
This picture was taken a month ago of what the temple looks like. It looks so gorgeous. It looks very similar to what the Calgary temple is going to look like.
I totally recommend checking out this website for information about the different temples:
http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/
So back to our super awesome trip that is going to happen :)
We leave on my dad's birthday (the 22nd) and we get back the night of the 26th. And I only have to use two of my vacation days. (the benefit of planning vacations around long weekends :))
What about you? What are your plans for the May Long Weekend?
April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hmmm May long weekend? I'd better be snuggling with my baby or my doctor is going to get an earful :D
Yeah for being done school! Frieso is finishing his up right when the baby is due. Not good timing but needs to be done.
Our plans? Taking Colby to the temple for his first time and also listening to his farewell talk twice on Sunday. OH....and cleaning and cooking for an entire house full of people all weekend ; D
So sorry you won't be here, but it's awesome that you get the chance to get away! Have fun! We will be thinking of you.
Aww we're going to miss his talk?! Aww I'm sad now. That is so exciting though that he is going to the temple for his first time. Such a great experience!
Post a Comment