So last week my mom phoned me and asked if I had a few minutes to talk. She sounded so serious I thought something had happened or that something was wrong. She hasn't been feeling that great and so it could've been anything. She asked if I would want to be her "back up" for typing up patriarchal blessings. My papa is the patriarch of the North Stake and has been for a long time. I was able to receive my blessing from him almost three years ago and am so thankful to have it to read and cherish.
My mom has been typing up the blessings for him for I don't know how many years and I know how much she loves doing it. Since she hadn't been feeling too great and there were some that needed to be typed still, she asked if I could be her back up in case she was out of town or if she just needed help with it. I was a little hesistant at first because I know how important it is to have it all correct when typing it, but I said I would do it. I met her over at my grandparents the next day after work and she had already typed up one and so I sat down and she showed me the ropes and helped me out a bit and then left me on my own while she went and visited with my grandparents. It is amazing to hear the words that are being said by my papa and to know that they aren't his words, that they are coming from a loving Heavenly Father. I found it to be a humbling experience and I really felt privileged that I was asked to help my mom with it.
It makes me want to read my own blessing more often and to see what I need to work on and to be a better person so that I can make sure all of the blessings happen :)
January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment