July 27, 2009

Going to the temple and we're going to get married.... :)

Okay, I know those aren't all the right words that are in the song, but people modify songs all the time haha.

Yes it is true :)

Here is the pre-engagement part of the day:

On Saturday, we drove to Magrath for the Magrath Days celebration. We missed the parade because we slept in longer and then had to deal with construction and the Air Show traffic in Lethbridge so we got there close to noon. We then headed over to my grandma's and had lunch and just lounged. Some family was there so we talked and just hung out. Me, J, Kristi & Justin then headed over to the school and checked out the different things going on over there. I petted a cow for the first time ever! Yes I am a total city girl! We ran into Elder Everett, who served in our ward awhile ago and talked with him for a bit. Then we decided to take a walk to "The Store". I know its not called that anymore, but for me, it will always be that. While at "The Store", we ran into my cousin Kim and her husband Dan as they were on their way to Cardston. We then headed back to the school and enjoyed the pieces of shade that we came across since it was so stinking hot. We sat in the shade by the school for awhile longer and he ate his ice cream and I finished my drink and then we walked over to the concession and I got elephant ears, which are the Magrath equivalent to funnel cakes. I put honey butter and icing sugar on it... yummers :) So good!!!! We then spent time visiting with my cousins and J talked with the Crapos that were there as well. Since it was so hot, we decided to head back to my grandma's house to enjoy the shade more and hang out with my family. We had about four or five hours to kill until the delicious beef on a bun at seven. Kristi and Justin went into Lethbridge with some friends from EFY and me and J and my parents walked around checking out the baseball games and then ended up at beef on a bun. Seriously, this beef on a bun is soooo good! It is something that I absolutely love about going to Magrath Days because it is so delicious and just so good! After beef on a bun they had some sort of outdoor talent stuff, and people attempting songs... and I really do mean attempting... some were really bad. It was so warm and J thought it would be fun to put some water from his water bottle down my back... I then tried to get him back with what was left of mine, which wasn't a whole lot. Since my mommy loves me, I got her to give me her full water bottle to use for revenge against J :) We then proceeded to have our first ever water fight in the two years that we have been together. It was so much fun. Since I had a sunburn, the water felt nice. We then sat and visited with Cassie and her husband Jon and just enjoyed being outdoors. Me and J then walked again to "The Store" and took some pictures along the way and got back to the school in time to get ready for the fireworks.

Now we get down to the engagement story :)

While we were waiting for the fireworks to start, J asked me to tell him why I loved him. This is something that we do everyday. We ask the other person why they love us that day. So I gave him a reason, and he asked what else. He then asked what else for the next ten or so answers that I gave him. When the fireworks started, I told him it was his turn to tell me why he loved me and then I asked him what else, to give him a taste of his own medicine, and so I could hear them too. :) After a few responses, he started to repeat some of the reasons he had given earlier and I called him on it. Then he pulled the box out of his pocket and asked me to marry him. I of course said yes and then we kissed and he then put it on my finger. My mom actually got us on video after he asked and of him putting the ring on my finger.

There you have it folks :) I don't really remember the fireworks from that night but I will always remember the Magrath Days of 2009 :)

More details of the wedding date and such will come soon :)

2 comments:

Itworksforbobbi said...

WAHOO!! How exciting!! I'm so happy for the both of you, and I think the song modification is just right!

Lynn said...

I repeat: Nice job of the fireworks James! You were awesome to create such a great display and atmosphere for the rest of us to enjoy... that were there too. LOL!

Congrats Marni again! Thanks for letting us check out the ring before you headed back into town. We feel special to have shared some of "that" day with you both.