Hey everyone,
So I'm really new to this blogging thing, but I thought I would give it a try. I'm sure I could be busy doing lots of other things, but for now I will do this :)
The past few months I have been so busy that I haven't really had a chance to sit down and think, or at least that is the way it feels sometimes.
Here is the run down of what has been happening in my life the last little while:
- I moved out of my parents' house the end of February and moved into a basement suite in Martindale with Whitney. (she is so awesome)
- On April 25th, I went up to Edmonton with my parents and James and purchased my first car :) I now drive a 2005 Ford Focus, and I only paid $6,200 for it! :) I'm still taking suggestions on names so if you have any, I'll be happy to hear them.
- On James' birthday, I made him a coupon book with different things for me to do for him, and he absolutely loved it. (Cody was so jealous that he kept on begging Whit to make him one, so she finally did one for him this last week)
- Oh and I told James that I love him on his birthday too. It made him so happy :)
- I am still working at DeVry and keeping oh so busy with it, I am the administrative assistant and the convocation coordinator.
- I am also taking courses through DeVry to get my degree (free tuition!)
- this last week I got released from the Activities Committee and got called to be the Activities Chairperson. I'm super nervous about it, but also looking forward to the challenges and the blessings that I know will come from serving in this calling
I am slowly getting into the groove of things at our place and I think we have settled into a pretty smooth routine of things.
We have two guys that live upstairs, used to be only one, but then he got a roommate at the beginning of May. They both seem pretty nice. One thing that does suck about our place is that we can hear pretty much everything that goes on upstairs... and I mean everything... I'll leave it at that. haha
I am definitely getting to understand more and more each day what it is like to live on my own and pay for everything, but I am loving every minute of it. I am learning to be patient and to not freak out about things as much... well I'm trying.
That's all for now... I'll try and post some pictures of our place and my car and just everything from my life :)
-Marns
May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was activities chairperson right before I got married....just sayin ;)
That's so cool that you are the Convocation Coordinator at Devry, how is that?
Yay for everything :)
Its really cool. I'm still getting the hang of everything, but I'm really enjoying it.
Hey, I love it!! You'll be bookmarked for sure!
Post a Comment